We have been playing “What am I” or “Who am I” riddles since childhood. What am I riddles are the most fascinating and logical ones that can be easy to look at but hard to solve. Hence, to solve these, one needs to have excellent observant and thinking skills.
What am I riddle ask a clear question and have a straightforward answer? Answering these riddles looks very easy, but you will know that it is not as easy as it seems; it requires you to look hard enough to get the real meaning.
“What am I” riddles need a creative approach to solving them, which means that you can have fun and test your intelligence. The best thing about these riddles is that everyone can take part, be it kids, adults, teenagers, or older.
75+ Best What am I Riddles
Check out the following list of the best “What am I” or “Who am I” riddles we have assembled for you to have fun with your dear ones.
- Easy What am I Riddles
- Hard What am I Riddles
- Funny What am I Riddles
Easy What am I Riddles
These riddles are easy to solve and one can find the answer by looking carefully into the asked riddle.
1. I go through every city but I never move. What am I?
Answer: Roads (Roads connect one city to another, people use roads to go from one place to another. But, it is unmovable. )
2. Yesterday, I wasn’t here; today, I am. Tomorrow I’ll be absent, too; perhaps I’ll see you once a week! Who am I?
Answer: Today, Only today is present in real-time.
3. I have a long neck and am the name of a bird. I am on a cargo of ships. I eat but am not alive. What am I?
Answer: A Crane
4. I have two hands, but I can not scratch myself. What am I?
Answer: A Clock
5. I make two people out of one. What am I?
Answer: A Mirror
6. You go at red, but stop at the green. What am I?
7. Make me, save me, change me, raise me. What am I?
8. If I drink, I die. If I eat, I am fine. What am I?
9. I am the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. What am I?
10. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. The wind is my foe. What am I?
You can also like: 101 Most Popular Riddles For Everyone
11. I have a head and a tail that will never meet. Having too many of me is always a treat. What am I?
Answer: Coin [Currency].
12. The more of me you take, the more that gets left behind. What am I?
13. When you take away the whole from me, there is always some left. What am I?
14. I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?
Answer: Nose. [When it’s cold there.]
15. What has to be broken before you can use it?
Answer: An Egg.
16. I am white when I am dirty, and black when I am clean. What am I?
Answer: A Blackboard.
17. I’m always found in the middle of Toronto. What am I?
18. I shrink smaller every time I take a bath. What am I?
19. I can fill a room, but I take up no space. What am I?
20. What has one eye but cannot see?
Answer: A Needle.
21. This is as light as a feather, yet no man can hold it for long. What am I?
Answer: Your Breath. [Can you live without breathing?]
22. I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. What am I?
Answer: A Barber
23. I’m a 5 letter word that becomes shorter by adding 2 letters to me. What am I?
24. I can be cracked, made, told, and played. What am I?
Answer: A Joke.
25. I am wet when drying. What am I?
Enjoying These Riddles, Check this also: Best Riddles For Kids
Hard What Am I Riddles
Hard ‘What am I’ riddles are a little bit harder to solve. You need out-of-the-box thinking to understand the clue hidden in the question. Below are the 25 best hard what am I riddles.
1. I am a seed with three letters in my name. Take away the last two and I still sound the same. What am I?
2. I help you from your head to your toe. The more I work, the smaller I grow. What am I?
Answer: A Soap Bar.
3. I add lots of flavors and have many layers, but if you get too close I’ll make you cry. What am I?
Answer: A Onion.
4. I am something people love or hate. I change people’s appearances and thoughts. No matter whether you take care of yourself or don’t, I will only go up. To some people, I will fool them. To others, I am a mystery. Some people might want to try and hide me but I will show. No matter how hard people try I will never go down. What am I?
5. I’m a god, a planet, and I measure heat. What am I?
6. I stalk the countryside with ears that can’t hear. Who am I?
7. I live in the dark until you need me. What am I?
8. Take away my last letter, and I still sound the same. Take away my first letter, I still sound the same. Even take away my letter in the middle, I will still sound the same. I am a five-letter word. What am I?
9. Always in you, Sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. What am I?
10. I have branches, but no fruit, trunk, or leaves. What am I?
11. I have lots of stories but can’t speak. What am I?
12. I am sneaky and pesky, and when I seek the truth, it often gets me in trouble. Who am I?
13. I don’t have money, though I do have banks. I feed others, though I don’t eat. Cross me if you can, I won’t be mad. What am I?
Answer: The mouth of a river
14. I am the beginning of the end and the end of time and space. I surround every place, I am essential to creation, What am I?
Answer: The letter e. End, timE, Every placE, spacE.
15. I travel around the world without ever moving. Who am I?
Answer: A Stamp.
16. Marking mortal privation when what’s under me is in place.
An enduring summation inscribed on my face. What am I?
Answer: A tombstone.
17. I have no feet, no hands, no wings, but I climb to the sky. What am I?
18. The person who built me does not need me when he makes me. The one who buys me does not use me for own. The person who uses me doesn’t know that he or she is using me. What am I?
Answer: A Coffin.
19. I can wave my hands at you, but I never say goodbye. You are always cool when with me, even more so when I am high! What am I?
Answer: An Electric Fan.
20. I have every word, but never speak. What am I?
Answer: A Book
21. I am a mother from a family of eight. Spins around all day despite my weight. I had a ninth sibling before finding out it’s fake. What am I?
Answer: The Earth.
22. I can travel at nearly 100 miles per hour, but never leave the room. You can cover me up, but that doesn’t slow me down. You will not know if I come only once or again and again and again. What am I?
23. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I?
Answer: A Chick Inside an Egg.
24. When I left, I didn’t know where I was going; when I got there, I didn’t know where I was. And, when I returned, I didn’t know where I had been. Who was I?
Answer: Christopher Columbus.
25. I am round as a sphere, but then you make me something else. I am one hundred yards long, or even longer. What am I?
Answer: A Ball of Yarn.
Check some Facts Also: Interesting Facts about Love, You Must Know
Funny What Am I Riddles.
Funny riddles which ask what am I question with added humor. You don’t need to think so deeply but to find an answer which is also funny.
1. I have many teeth but I can’t bite. I’m often used early but rarely at night. What am I?
Answer: A Comb.
2. I’m a band that can’t play songs. What am I?
Answer: A Rubber Band
3. I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I?
4. You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
Answer: Your Reflection.
5. You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?
Answer: An Onion.
6. People buy me to eat, but never eat me. What am I?
Answer: Cutlery, Plates & Cups.
7. I am served at a table, In gatherings of two or four. Served small, white, and round. You’ll love some, and that’s part of the fun. What am I?
Answer: Ping-Pong Ball.
8. I have one head, one foot, and four legs. What am I?
Answer: A Bed.
9. Four fingers and a thumb, Yet flesh and blood, I have none. What am I?
Answer: A Glove.
10. The more you take away, the more I become. What am I?
Answer: A Hole.
11. I belong to you, but other people use me a lot more often than you do. Who am I?
Answer: Your Name.
12. I have four legs but no tail. Usually, I am heard only at night. Who am I?
Answer: A Frog.
13. I have no life, but I can die. What am I?
Answer: A Battery.
14. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
15. I can give you the ability to look through walls. What am I?
Answer: A WIndow in a Wall.
16. I jump when I walk and sit when I stand. What am I?
17. I will always come and never arrive today. What am I?
18. I am strong enough to smash ships, but I fear the Sun. What am I?
19. I have lots of keys but I can never open a door. What am I?
20. I will dance, I will sing, but I do not have life. Who am I?
Answer: Television (TV)
21. I am lighter than air, but a hundred people cannot lift me. Careful, I am fragile. What am I?
Answer: A Bubble.
22. I do not have wings, but I can fly. I don’t have eyes, but I will cry! What am I?
23. I’m able to hold lots of water, despite being covered in holes. What am I?
Answer: A Sponge.
24. Some people like me, some people don’t. I can be good but bad sometimes, too. Guess Who I Am?
Answer: Me or You.
25. I am easy to lift but hard to throw. What am I?
How was the experience solving the above What Am I riddles? All the above riddles give a hint about them and ask a simple question; What am I? If we can understand and decode the hint given in the riddle, we can solve it easily.
Please tell us in the comments if you know a What am I or Who am I riddles, which are not listed in the above lists.
GTB Team is responsible for crafting outstanding content and ensuring the best user experience. Most of the Jokes, Quotes, Trivia Questions, Quizzes, Etc.. are produced by GTB Team.