Riddles for Kids can help to enhance your children’s creative thinking and logical approach. Riddles generally rely on logical thinking and presence of mind, they push us to think outside the box and find an Answer.
Kids love riddles as they are very engaging. Riddles for children are the best way to keep children’s minds busy and teach them new things without feeling boredom. While solving a riddle, your kid will learn to look differently at common things and it will help to nurture his problem-solving skills.
We have curated a list of 100+ Riddles for Kids with Answers. Some of these riddles are easy, some may be hard and some of them are fun to solve (but trust us, you and your kid will enjoy them). We have provided all riddles with their Answer and explanation, so you can always verify your solution.
Let’s check out these clever and fun riddles and spent some quality time with your kids.
Riddles for Kids with Answers
We have divided these riddles into different categories to help you find an amazing one every time.
- Easy Riddles for Kids
- Hard Riddles for Kids
- Funny Riddles for Kids
Easy Riddles for Kids with Answers
These riddles are easy to solve and with a little bit of common sense, anyone can find an Answer.
1. How can a pants pocket be empty and still have something in it?
Answer: It can have a Hole
2. What has to be broken before you can use it?
3. A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first, the monkey, the squirrel, or the bird?
Answer: Ohh! Bananas don’t grow on a coconut tree. No one will get it.
4. How do you make the number one disappear?
Answer: I will add ‘G’ to it. it’s “gone.”
5. What has four legs, but can’t walk?
Answer: Table (Furniture)
6. What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Answer: It’s a Window
7. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A TOWEL! You got it. No, get a shower
8. If you threw a Whitestone into the Red Sea, what would it become?
Answer: It will become Wet. No, the Red sea does not have red color water.
9. What is the last thing you take off before bed?
Answer: Your Feet.
10. Why do bees hum?
Answer: They don’t know the words, that’s the reason.
11. Why did Mickey Mouse become an astronaut?
Answer: He wanted to visit Pluto
12. What goes up but never goes down?
Answer: It’s your age. You know how.
13. Where do cows go for their holidays?
Answer: Moo-York, Moo-Zealand, Moos-Cow [In real cows don’t go on holidays, it’s just a joke]
14. What do lazy dogs do for fun?
Answer: They chase parked cars.
15. Why do lions eat raw meat?
Answer: They don’t know to cook. Who will teach them?
16. What can make an octopus laugh?
Answer: Tentacles (ten tickles)
17. When things go wrong, what can you always count on?
Answer: On your fingers.
18. What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
Answer: Your Future.
19. You go red but stop at the green. What am I?
Answer: It’s Watermelon.
20. David’s father has three sons. Two of them are Snap and Crackle. Who is the third?
Answer: Third is David. It’s so easy.
21. What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you?
Answer: It’s Your Name
22. What kind of table can you eat at?
23. What’s orange and sounds like a parrot?
Answer: A Carrot.
24. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?”
Answer: I am a candle
25. The more you take away, the more I become. What am I?
Answer: A Hole. The More you dig it, the deeper it becomes.
Check This: 101 Riddles For Adults
Hard Riddles for Kids
Kids can find these riddles a little bit tricky to understand. Some of them can require doing a mathematical calculation.
26. How do you spell COW in thirteen letters?
27. Throw away the outside and cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?
Answer: Corn on the cob.
28. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
Answer: A River
29. A man leaves home and turns left three times, only to return home facing two men wearing masks. Who are those two men?
Answer: A Catcher and Umpire.
30. A man was driving his truck. His lights were not on. The moon was not out. Up ahead, a woman was crossing the street. How did he see her?
Answer: He was driving in the daytime.
31. In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower– everything was pink! What color were the stairs?
Answer: It’s a one-story house, does not have stairs.
32. What is as light as a feather, but even the world’s strongest man couldn’t hold it for more than a minute?
Answer: Your Breath. We breathe air and can’t live without it for more than a minute.
33. A house has four walls. All of the walls are facing south, and a bear is circling the house. What color is the bear?
Answer: Bear is white. House is on the North pole and all polar bears are white.
34. If a blue house is made out of blue bricks, a yellow house is made out of yellow bricks and a pink house is made out of pink bricks, what is a greenhouse made of?
Answer: Glass. It is asking for the material, the house is made of.
35. What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs in the afternoon, and 3 legs at night?
Answer: A Human. Here morning, afternoon, and night are three stages of life. A Human crawls on all fours as a baby, walks on two legs as an adult, and walks with a stick in old age.
36. Tuesday, Sam, and Peter went to a restaurant to eat lunch. After eating lunch, they paid the bill. But Sam and Peter did not pay the bill, so who did?
Answer: Tuesday. He is their friend.
37. Two fathers and two sons go on a fishing trip. They each catch a fish and bring it home. Why do they only bring three home?
Answer: There are three People: A grandfather, a father (the grandfather’s son), and the father’s son.
38. I have keys but no locks. I have space but no room. You can enter but can’t go outside. What am I?
39. A man was cleaning the windows of a 25-story building. He slipped and fell off the ladder, but wasn’t hurt. How did he do it?
Answer: He fell off the second step!
40. What instrument can you hear but never see?
Answer: Your Voice.
41. One night, a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick maker go to a hotel. When they get their bill, however, it’s for four people. Who’s the fourth person?
Answer: He is a knight. Here Knight is pronounced as Night. That makes four: one knight, a butcher, a baker, and a candlestick maker.
42. Through wind and rain I always play, I roam the earth, yet here I stay; I crumble stones, and fire cannot burn me, Yet I am soft- you can gouge me with your hand. What I am?
43. The Smith family is a very wealthy family that lives in a big, circular home. One morning, Mr. Smith woke up and saw a strawberry jam stain on his new carpet. He figured out that everyone who was there that morning had a jam sandwich. By reading the following excuses, figure out who spilled the jam. Billy Smith: “I was outside playing basketball.”The Maid: “I was dusting the corners of the house.”Chef: “I was starting to make lunch for later.”Who is lying?
Answer: The maid was lying because there are no corners in a circular house.
44. The first man is the master of priceless gems; The second man is the master of love; The third man is the master of shovels; The fourth man is the master of big sticks; Who are they?
Answer: They’re the Kings in a deck of cards.
45. As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood that was neither straight nor crooked. What kind of wood was it?
46. Why is the sun so bright?
Answer: Because it pays attention in class and does its homework on time.
47. What kinds of stones are never found in the ocean?
Answer: Dry Stones.
48. What is put on a table and cut, but is never eaten?
Answer: Playing Cards.
49. What is full of holes, but can still hold a lot of water?
Answer: A Sponge.
50. What is it that has a bottom at the top of them?
51. Five men went to church. It started to rain. Four men ran for cover but got wet on the way. The one man who stayed behind stayed dry. How?
Answer: The fifth man was in Coffin. He was dead.
52. What goes up the chimney when down, but cannot go down the chimney when up?
Answer: An umbrella.
53. I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?
Answer: Pencil Lead.
54. Ripped from my mother’s womb, Beaten and burned, I become a blood-thirsty slayer. What am I?
Answer: Iron ore
55. A cloud is my mother, the wind is my father, my son is the cool stream, and my daughter is the fruit of the land. A rainbow is my bed, the earth my final resting place, and I am the torment of man.
56. What kind of money do vampires use?
Answer: Blood money!
57. What word has five letters but sounds like it only has one?
58. A truck driver is going opposite traffic on a one-way street. A police officer sees him but doesn’t stop him. Why didn’t the police officer stop him?
Answer: The Truck Driver Was Walking not driving.
59. It has a neck but no head, and wears a cap? What is it?
Answer: A bottle
60. What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?
61. I give milk and I have a horn, but I’m not a cow. What am I?
Answer: I am a milk truck
62. They come out at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?
Answer: Stars in the sky.
63. You have a five-Litre bucket and a three-Litre bucket with as much water as you need, but no other measuring devices. How do you fill the five-Litre bucket with exactly four Litres of water?
Answer: Fill the 3-liter bucket with water from the 5-liter bucket. Now there is 2 liter of water remaining in a 5-liter bucket. Then you empty out the 3 liters to match the height of the 5 liters. Pour the remaining contents of the 3-liter bottle into the 5-liter bottle to get exactly 4 liters
64. If an electric train is going east at 60 miles an hour and there is a strong westerly wind, which way does the smoke from the train drift?
Answer: THERE IS NO SMOKE COMING FROM ELECTRIC TRAINS.
65. How is Europe like a frying pan?
Answer: Because it has Greece (Grease) at the bottom.
66. You walk across a bridge and you see a boat full of people, yet there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Answer: ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE BOAT ARE MARRIED.
67. What goes around and around the wood, but never goes into the wood?
Answer: A Bark
68. You draw a line. Without touching it, how do you make the line longer?
Answer: I will draw a shorter line next to it.
69. A girl is sitting in a house at night that has no lights on at all. There is no lamp, no candle, nothing. Yet she is reading. How?
Answer: The woman is blind, and she is reading Braille.
70. What has hands but can’t clap?
Answer: A clock
71. Dead on the field lie ten soldiers in white, felled by three eyes, black as night. What happened?
Answer: A bowling ball knocked down ten pins.
Check This: 100+ Travel Quotes to Inspire
Funny Riddles for Children
These riddles make us laugh or even ROFL. These riddles test your kid’s sense of humor with intelligence.
72. How many 2nds are there in a year?
Answer: 12 [There is one 2nd in every month].
73. Which room has no doors or windows?
Answer: A mushroom.
74. A lawyer, a plumber, and a hat maker were walking down the street. Who had the biggest hat?
Answer: The one with the biggest head.
75. What is in the center of Gravity?
Answer: It is the letter ‘V’.
76. Jack rode into town on Friday and rode out two days later on Friday. How can that be possible?
Answer: Friday is his horse’s name
77. Which day you will never see again?
78. What goes through towns and over hills but never moves?
Answer: A Road.
79. Red lives in the Red House, Mr. Blue lives in the Blue house, and Mr. Yellow lives in the Yellow house. Who lives in the white house?
Answer: American President lives in the White house.
80. What is the longest word in the dictionary?
Answer: Smiles, because it has a mile distance between two S. [However real longest word in a dictionary is – Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis]
81. Why did the bumble bee put honey under his pillow?
Answer: He wanted to have sweet dreams.
82. What kind of cup can’t hold water?
Answer: The cupcake
83. What are two things you cannot have for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch and Dinner.
84. What has many rings, but no fingers?
Answer: A telephone.
85. Why isn’t your nose twelve inches long?
Answer: Because it would be a foot.
86. What bank never has any money?
Answer: A river bank
87. When is a car, not a car?
Answer: When it turns into a Parking Lot!
88. Why is the Mississippi such an unusual river?
Answer: Because it has four I’s but can’t see!
89. Suproliglicatiouspenuvaliancia – how do you spell it?
Answer: I T [Asking to spell It]
90. What is black, white, and read all over?
Answer: A newspaper.
91. Why didn’t the hot dog star in the movies?
Answer: Because the rolls (roles) weren’t good enough.
92. Have you heard about the restaurant on the moon?
Answer: Great food, but no atmosphere!
93. How do rabbits travel?
Answer: By hareplane
94. In which month do monkeys play baseball?
Answer: The answer is “Aperill”. Aperill instead of April.
95. What did the outlaw get when he stole a calendar?
Answer: Twelve Months.
96. Which football player wears the biggest helmet?
Answer: The one with the biggest head!
97. Why can’t you play basketball with pigs?
Answer: Because they will “hog” the ball!
98. What is the best thing to do if a bull charges you?
Answer: Pay the Bull!
99. Why couldn’t the sailors play cards?
Answer: The Captain was standing on the Deck!
100. What did one potato chip say to the other?
Answer: Shall we go for a dip?
101. What did the beach say when the tide came in?
Answer: Long time no sea (see).
102. What does an invisible man drink at snack time?
Answer: Evaporated Milk
103. What do you call a man who does not have all his fingers in one hand?
104. What is the best cure for dandruff?
Answer: Baldness. No Hair, No Dandruff.
105. What do you call a funny book about eggs?
Answer: It is Yolk’s book
106. Why was the belt arrested?
Answer: For holding up the pants.
107. What did the chewing gum say to the shoe?
Answer: I am stuck on you!
108. Why are teddy bears never hungry?
Answer: Because they are always stuffed
109. Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
Answer: It’s Incorrectly.
110. What do you call a fairy that has not taken a bath?
Answer: STINKER BELL
111. Why did the woman wear a helmet at the dinner table?
Answer: She was on a crash diet.
112. Name three days consecutively where none of the seven days of the week appears.
Answer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
113. I have wings and I have a tail, across the sky is where I sail. Yet I have no eyes, ears, or mouth, and I bob randomly from north to south. What am I?
Answer: A Kite.
114. What starts with a P, ends with an E, and has thousands of letters?
Answer: A post office!
115. What superhero is terrible at their job because they always get lost and are late?
Answer: Wander woman.
116. Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
Answer: The Letter C. Wordplay “Sea” as “C”.
117. What can you catch but not throw?
Answer: Cold. Probably you heard the phrase: ‘I Caught a cold’.
118. How do oceans say hello to each other?
Answer: They wave!
119. You can serve it but never eat it, what is it?
Answer: A tennis ball or badminton shuttle.
120. What do you call it when your parachute doesn’t open?
Answer: Jumping to a conclusion.
121. You will buy me to eat but never eat me. What am I?
Answer: Plates, forks, knives, etc. They help to eat, they are not eatable.
122. What did the baseball glove say to the ball?
Answer: Catch you later
123. Imagine you’re in a room that is filling with water. There are no windows or doors. How do you get out?
Answer: Stop Imagining. If you will not imagine, there will no water.
124. Why are ghosts bad at lying?
Answer: Because you can see right through them.
125. What type of cheese is made backward?
Answer: Edam. The reverse of Made is Edam.
Above Kids riddles and puzzles are good enough to test your kid’s knowledge and intelligence. If you know some riddles well suited for kids, please tell us in the comments.
GTB Team is responsible for crafting outstanding content and ensuring the best user experience. Most of the Jokes, Quotes, Trivia Questions, Quizzes, Etc.. are produced by GTB Team.