Are you searching for some best riddles to solve with your group of friends or in your free time? This collection of 100+ riddles for adults is all you need.
Riddles are like those reading books. One can never get too old for them. Also, riddles are the best way to interrupt a boring conversation and start an interesting one. Hence, if you are looking for some best and most interesting brain-teasing riddles then we have your back. Not only do these riddles are fun but they also help improve your thinking ability. You can use riddles in any situation for entertainment purposes. Additionally, solving solid and unbreakable riddles will keep your mind sharp. Also, regardless of age, riddles are the most significant way of learning and improving while having fun and giggling.
You can use these fun riddles for adults as an icebreaker and break the pathetic silence in the room. Besides this, you can also pass your time in the metro by having a brain check session with even a stranger. Either way, you are gonna make things entertaining and exciting.
101 Best Riddles For Adults
Followings are our best collection of riddles for grown-ups to indulge you in a great fun activity during office breaks and parties. From hard to easy, quirky, dirty, and cheeky riddles, this article has a wide range of riddles. So, go ahead and try solving these head-scratching riddles.
Best Riddles For Adults Game – Ready?Loading…
Easy Riddles For Adults
1. What has many hearts but no other organs?
Answer: A deck of cards
2. What's always running but never gets hot?
Answer: A refrigerator.
3. What has 3 feet but cannot walk?
4. It is whistling, it is groaning, it is whirring, it is creaking. What is it?
Answer: The wind
5. What gets wet while drying?
Answer: A Towel
6. Which is heavier: A ton of bricks or feathers?
Answer: None, Their Weight is the same.
7. How many bananas can you eat if your stomach is empty?
Answer: Only One, After eating one banana your stomach will not be empty.
8. I am weightless but put me in a bucket and I will make it lighter. What am I?
Answer: A Hole.
9. What gets smaller every time it takes a bath?
Answer: A Soap.
10. What can go through glass without breaking it?
11. I make the one-person, two. What am I?
12. People knead me to buy things. What am I?
13. What building has the most stories?
Answer: Library. Stories, not stories.
14. What's a single-digit number with no value?
15. What is bought by the yard by is worn by the foot?
16. What three numbers, none the zero, give the same result when added or multiplied?
Answer: One, two, and three
17. What type of cheese is made backward?
18. I have a head and a tail but nobody, what am I?
Answer: A Coin.
19. What can you find in a cupboard that can never be put in a saucepan?
Answer: Cup lid.
20. I don't have eyes, but once I did see. Once I had thoughts, but now I'm white and empty.
21. If two’s a corporation, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
22. I can catch you, but can’t throw, what am I?
23. What has words, but never speaks?
24. I always go up but never come down, What am I?
Answer: Your Age.
25. When it is alive we sing, when it is dead we clap our hands. What is it?
Answer: Birthday Candle.
Check Out These: 125+ Most Popular Riddles to Solve
26. It’s shorter than the rest and when is happy is up.
Answer: Thumb [Thumbs Up]
27. You can hold it in your right hand, but never in your left hand. What is it?
Answer: Your Left Hand.
28. What flowers, you can kiss?
29. I have many teeth but cannot bite,
What am I?
Answer: A Comb.
30. I do not speak or hear anything, but I will always tell the truth. What am I?
31. It goes Up and comes down but does not move, what is it?
32. What do an island and the letter "t" have in common?
Answer: They both are in the mid of the water.
33. It is full of holes but still holds water, What is it?
Answer: A Sponge.
34. What is always in front of us but can't be seen?
Answer: Our Future.
35. What starts with T, ends with T, and has T in it?
36. Where does today come before yesterday?
37. What's always found on the ground but never gets dirty?
38. What do you call a man who does not have all his fingers in one hand?
Answer: Normal. If all the fingers are in one hand, then it is abnormal.
39. What gets bigger when more is taken away?
Answer: A Hole.
40. What is the best cure for dandruff?
Answer: Being Bald.
Enjoying riddles, let's check these 100+ Riddles for Kids.
Hard Riddles for Adults
41. What is the difference between a jailer and a jeweler?
Answer: A Jailer watches cell, while a Jeweler sells watches.
42. If two fathers and sons are in a car, how are there only three people in the car?
Answer: They are grandfather, father, and son.
43. What never walks but always runs?
Answer: A River.
44. A crime is punishable if attempted but not punishable if committed. What is it?
45. What has many keys but cannot open a single lock?
46. What passes across cities and fields, but never moves?
47. Jenipher has four daughters, and each of her daughters has a brother. How many children does Jenipher have?
Answer: Five. All daughters have the same brother.
48. What's lighter than a feather but impossible to hold even for a minute?
Answer: Our Breath.
49. What has no hands but might knock on your door, and if it does, you better open up?
50. What has fifteen diamonds but isn’t rich?
Answer: A deck of cards.
51. A man rode into town on Tuesday and left a few days later on Tuesday. How is it possible?
Answer: Tuesday is his horse's name.
52. The 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States of America had the same parents but were not brothers. How can this be possible?
Answer: Grover Cleveland was the 22nd and 24th president of the USA.
53. What belongs to you but is used by everyone you meet?
Answer: Your Name.
54. What can be swallowed, but can also swallow you?
55. I am present at the start of life, love, and I am the end of evil. What am I?
Answer: The Letter ‘L’
56. Why do you think that Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are about to get married?
Answer: They all have rings.
57. If your uncle’s sister is not your aunt, what relation is she to you?
Answer: Your Mother
58. What do you lose the moment you share it?
Answer: Your Secret.
59. Where is there no south, west, nor east, and weather not fit for man or beast?
Answer: South Pole
60. I see it, it sees me, it seems just like me, I seem just like it. I talk to it, but it does not talk to me back. What is it?
Answer: Your Photograph.
61. I have branches, but no fruit, trunk, or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A Bank.
62. No matter how little or how much you use me, you change me every month. What am I?
Answer: A calendar
63. What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in hundreds of years?
Answer: Letter ‘M’
64. How can you drop a raw egg on the concrete floor without cracking it?
Answer: An egg can’t break the floor.
65. who walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening?
Answer: Human. [Here morning, afternoon, and evenings are three stages of life]
66. Poor people have me. Rich people need me. If you eat me, you will die. What am I?
67. The person who makes it does not need it; the person who buys it has no use for it. The person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
Answer: A Coffin.
68. What can't talk but will reply when spoken to?
69. What travels from city to city and is sometimes narrow and sometimes wide but always stays in its place?
Answer: A Road.
70. I am four times my daughter’s age. In 20 years, I will be twice her age. How old are we now?
Answer: I am 40 and my daughter is 10.
Funny Riddles For Adults
71. A plane crashed on the border of America and Mexico. Where were the survivors buried?
Answer: None, We don’t bury survivors.
72. What is blue and smells like red paint?
Answer: Blue Paint
73. What do you call a nose that's 12 inches long?
Answer: A Foot.
74. What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none?
75. What has a bottom at the top?
Answer: Our Legs.
76. Which word in the dictionary is spelled wrong?
77. If you see you don’t see me and if you don’t see you see me. What am I?
78. What is the end of the universe?
Answer: Letter ‘E’
79. Who has married many people but has never been married himself?
80. What has four legs but can’t walk?
81. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mt. Everest; It was just not discovered.
82. What kind of ship has two mates but no captain?
83. I can hear everything, but I can’t tell anything. What am I?
84. What kind of room has no doors or windows?
Answer: A mushroom
85. What is the end of everything?
Answer: The letter ‘G’
86. I can be written down, I can be spoken, I can be revealed, I can be broken. What am I?
87. What two things can you never eat for Lunch?
Answer: Dinner & Breakfast.
88. What goes all around the world but stays in a corner?
Answer: A Post Stamp.
89. I grow, when someone buries me.
Answer: A Seed.
90. I have one eye, but can’t see?
91. How many months of the year have 28 days in it?
Answer: All Months.
92. Everyone comes and goes and holds me in their hand. What am I?
93. What kind of band never plays music?
Answer: A Rubber band.
94. What tastes better than it smells?
95. What a person can do that no one can ever see?
96. What is in the middle of the earth?
Answer: The letter ‘R’
97. When you hear it, it deserves everything but when you find out who it is, it is nothing. What is it?
Answer: A riddle.
98. More you go the more you leave behind. What am I?
99. I am a five-letter word, pronounced the same even if you remove my last four letters.
100. What month has the least sleeping nights?
I hope all the above-listed riddles for adults are entertaining to solve and help increase our critical thinking.
LET'S... PIN THIS POST ON PINTEREST
If you have a riddle that can be best suited for adults or teenagers to play, please share it with us in the comments.
Share these easy, tricky, and funny riddles with your friends and families.
Pushpendra Singh is a Computer Science Engineer and a seasonal writer. He writes about Travel, Lifestyle, Education, and Literature at GoodTimesBuzz.