LGBTQ Pride Month is here, so celebrate and honor the visibility, history, and ongoing struggles of the LGBTQ community with our incredible list of the best Pride Month Quotes.
Every June, Pride Month commemorates the Stonewall Riots of 1969 and celebrates the progress made by the LGBTQ+ community. Pride Month also reminds us that we should treat everyone equally, regardless of sexual orientation or gender.
Whether you belong to the LGBTQIA community or only support their cause, this collection of the best Pride Quotes will inspire you to accept and celebrate love as love. You can use these LGBTQ quotes as a caption for an Instagram post, a tweet, or send them as a happy pride month message to someone from the community.
Best Pride Month Quotes
These 60+ powerful quotes about the LGBTQ community will inspire you to appreciate and accept the love with equality and empathy.
1. Gender and sexuality are so fluid. It’s OK to change your mind a million times and figure out what works for you. It’s OK to take your time.
2. “Never EVER apologize for who you love”
3. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. – Andre Gide
4. “The next time someone asks you why LGBT Pride marches exist or why Gay Pride Month is June tell them, ‘A bisexual woman named Brenda Howard thought it should be.” – Brenda Howard
5. “If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.” – Zanele Muholi
6. “We have to do it because we can no longer stay invisible. We have to be visible. We should not be ashamed of who we are.” – SYLVIA RIVERA ON LGBTQ+ ACTIVISM
7. Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start. – Jason Collins
8. “I’ve been embraced by a new community. That’s what happens when you’re finally honest about who you are; you find others like you.” — Chaz Bono
9. Hope will never be silent. – Harvey Milk
10. “What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it’s curved like a road through mountains.” — Tennessee Williams
11. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life. Define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
12. “You have to go the way your blood beats. If you don’t live the only life you have, you won’t live some other life, you won’t live any life at all.” – JAMES BALDWIN
13. From the playboys to the gay boys, go and slay, boys. – Lizzo
14. “Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet.” – Unknown
15. I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day. – Anderson Cooper
16. “Love is never wrong.” – Melissa Etheridge
17. “I believe that telling our stories, first to ourselves and then to one another and the world, is a revolutionary act.” – Janet Mock
18. “Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.” – BOB PARIS
19. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. – Dr. Seuss
20. “We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.” – George Takei
21. I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me. – Tim Cook
22. “There are worst things in life than kissing boys.” — Benjamin Alire Sáenz
23. “Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?” – Ernest J. Gaines
24. “I am a strong, black, lesbian. Every single time I say it, I feel so much better.” – BRITTNEY GRINER
25. After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are. – Shrek
26. “Marriage is a language of love, equality, and inclusion.” — Evan Wolfson
Read More: 100+ Quotes For Your Crush
27. Personally, coming out was one of the most important things I’ve ever done, lifting from my shoulders the millstone of lies that I hadn’t even realized I was carrying. – Sir Ian McKellen
28. “I’m living by example by continuing with my career and having a full, rich life, and I am incidentally gay.” — Portia de Rossi
29. “Gays are not interested in making other people gay…But homophobes are interested in making others homophobic.” – Stephen Fry
30. “There’s nothing wrong with you. There’s a lot wrong with the world you live in.” – CHRIS COLFER
31. It still strikes me as strange that anyone could have any moral objection to someone else’s sexuality. It’s like telling someone else how to clean their house. – River Phoenix
32. “You say ‘be straight.’ I say ‘taste the rainbow’.” – Pride Month Quotes
33. Being gay isn’t something you choose, but you do face choices about whether and how to discuss it. – Pete Buttigieg
34. “The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I’m gay.” — Troy Perry
35. “Love doesn’t care how much money you have. It doesn’t care who your parents are. It doesn’t care if you’re gay, straight, or transgender.” – Rumer Willis
36. “The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.” – ANDERSON COOPER
37. I am not gay, but if I were, I would be the first one running out of the closet. – Dolly Parton
38. “When you reduce life to black and white, you never see rainbows.”
39. Some people say you are going the wrong way when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
40. “I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You’re not scared. You’re an a**hole.” — Morgan Freeman
41. “Gay, straight, bi, whatever – it doesn’t matter. Love is love.” – Amber Liu
42. “A woman and a woman together are beautiful, just as a man and a woman together are beautiful.” – DREW BARRYMORE
43. People will stare. Make it worth their while. – Harry Winston
44. “Whoever tries to bring us down is already below us.”
45. Can’t cancel my pride.
46. “The only queer people are those who don’t love anybody.” — Rita Mae Brown
47. “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love when you love, or how you love. It matters only that you love.” – John Lennon
48. “The more I accept myself as a genderless human being, in a way, the more I’m loving my body.” – SAM SMITH
49. “Love is love.” – Pride Quotes
50. “Being born gay, black, and female is not a revolutionary act. Being proud to be a gay, black female is.” — Lena Waithe
Loved the above Pride Quotes about the LGBTQ+ community? Share on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Etc, and celebrate the pride month with the community people.
GTB Team is responsible for crafting outstanding content and ensuring the best user experience. Most of the Jokes, Quotes, Trivia Questions, Quizzes, Etc.. are produced by GTB Team.