Watching a movie or a show with your family and friends is always fun. But I tell you, playing a movie trivia game together will add more fun to it.
Planning a movie trivia night is the best option to relive your favorite moments and characters from your favorite movies.
On a movie trivia night, you have to pick some excellent questions from a Hollywood, Bollywood, or Netflix movie and ask your friends to check how many they can answer. Additionally, you can play this game with kids as well.
Don’t have an idea of what type of questions you are going to ask? Don’t worry, here we have 200+ movie trivia questions with answers from different movies, web series, and Netflix shows. For example, we have many questions about Harry Potter, Disney movies, The Avengers, Netflix shows, and so on. So, you and your friends, siblings, or other family members can also test and enhance your knowledge about movies.
Thus, if you wish to thrive at movie trivia night, read the following trivia questions about movies and get ready to shine as a movie aficionado on trivia night.
100 Movie Trivia Questions
1. Who is the director of the film “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”?
Ans: Steven Spielberg
2. What is the name of the much talkative parrot in the movie “Aladdin”?
3. Which sport is represented by the 2007 film “Blades of Glory”
Ans: Ice Skating
4. Friday the 13th Part-1, How many people were killed by Jason?
Ans: No One, Jason’s Mother Pamela was the killer.
5. Which was the first horror movie to show a woman wearing a bra and slip?
Ans: Psycho (1960)
6. Which is the only director who completed a trilogy in the MCU?
Ans: Jon Wattson (Spider-Man Trilogy Featuring Tom Holland)
7. What was the boat’s name in the 1975 film ‘Jaws’?
8. What was the name of the second Harry Potter Film?
Ans: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
9. Where was “The Notebook” movie filmed?
Ans: Charleston, South Carolina
10. Which is the first foreign-language movie to win the Best Picture Oscar award?
11. In “The Lorax”, what is the color of the Lorax?
Ans: Orange [The Lorax – 2012]
12. In “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian”, Where do the Pevensie siblings live?
13. In The Silence of the Lambs, where the Dr. Lecter imprisoned?
14. In Finding Nemo, what is Dory’s problem?
Ans: Short-term memory loss
15. What is the famous quote from the movie “Forrest Gump”?
Ans: Run, Forrest, Run
16. Who is the director of movies like Snowpiercer, Okja, and Paradise?
Ans: Bong Joon Ho.
17. Which movie features a Starbucks cup in every scene in the film?
Ans: ‘Fight Club’.
18. How many “Star Wars’’ movies were released in total?
19. How many total numbers of fingers does Mickey Mouse have?
Ans: Four (One thumb and three fingers)
20. In The Incredibles, what is Jack-Jack’s real name?
Ans: John Jackson
21. What is an alternative name for the Oscars?
Ans: The Academy Awards
22. The iconic codes in ‘The Matrix’ are inspired by which food recipe?
Ans: Sushi recipes
23. Who plays Chani in Dune (2021)?
24. Which group of animals raised Mowgli in the movie The Jungle Book?
25. The main character awakens to a future where he’s the most intelligent person alive, this scene is from which movie?
26. Which was the first James Bond movie where Pierce Brosnan first appeared as 007?
27. Who played Claudia in “Interview With the Vampire”?
Ans: Kirsten Dunst
28. What is the name of Princess Jasmine’s tiger in Aladdin?
29. Who played the role of grandfather In “The Princess Bride”?
Ans: Peter Falk
30. What are the names of Cinderella’s stepsisters?
Ans: Drizella and Anastasia.
31. Who dubbed the voice of Alex (the Lion) in Madagascar?
Ans: Ben Stiller.
32. Who played the James Bond in the 1962 movie Dr. No?
Ans: Sean Connery
33. Who is the director of the movie Schindler’s List?
Ans: Steven Spielberg
34. Who sketched Rose in Titanic?
Ans: James Cameron
35. In Pixar’s Turning Red, What is the name of the fictional boy band?
36. Which types of car does “Speed Racer” drive?
Ans: Mach 5
37. What is the name of the first Pixar movie?
Ans: Toy Story
38. Who played the role of the devil in the movie Angel Heart?
Ans: Robert De Niro
39. How many academy awards were won by the film Schindler’s List?
Read More: 31 facts about Love and Life
40. Who was the first Black person to win an Academy Award (Oscar)?
Ans: Hattie McDaniel [She won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role award for her role as Mammy in the 1939 film Gone with the Wind]
41. In the movie The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Which actress replaced Rachel Weisz as Evelyn O’Connor?
Ans: Maria Bello
42. Who played the role of Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network?
Ans: Jesse Eisenberg
43. Which 1990 movie has the famous tagline “There is no such thing as a simple miracle”?
44. What color is Bella’s pick-up truck in the 2008 movie “Twilight”?
45. In Toy Story 2, which character tells Buzz that he’s his father?
46. Which superstar of Charlie’s Angels was high-school friends with Snoop Dogg?
Ans: Cameron Diaz.
47. For which movies did Tom Hanks receive an Academy Award for Best Actor?
Ans: Forrest Gump (1995) & Philadelphia (1994)
48. Who did the cat in The Godfather belong to?
Ans: No one—the cat was a stray.
49. Sharon Stone co-stars as an evil cosmetics executive in which critically panned 2004 superhero film?
50. In “The Princess Bride,” what line comes after “No more rhymes now, I mean it!”
Ans: Anybody Want A Peanut?
51. What Disney character sings “How Far I’ll Go”?
52. Which comedian did not learn to swim before the age of 55, despite having a pool at home?
Ans: Chris Rock.
53. Which of the following Disney films was the first full-length animated feature produced in the United States?
Ans: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
54. What is the name of the fictional land shown in Frozen?
55. Who received the Best Supporting Actor award for both Green Book and Moonlight at the Oscars?
Ans: Mahershala Ali
56. What are the names of all six infinity stones shown in the Marvel’s The Avengers?
Ans: The Power Stone (purple), the Space Stone (blue), the Reality Stone (red), the Mind Stone (yellow), the Time Stone (green), and the Soul Stone (orange).
57. Which actor had his breakthrough role in A Nightmare On Elm Street?
Ans: Johnny Depp
58. Where is the film “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” set?
59. What is the name of the accord signed by avengers members in the movie ‘Civil War’?
Ans: Sokovia Accords.
60. What do Pope Sweet Jesus and Lord Have Mercy own in the 2007 film “Norbit”?
Ans: Rib Shak
61. Which Disney Princess sings the song “Once Upon a Dream”?
Ans: Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
62. “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime,” which famous actor said?
Ans: Keanu Reeves
63. Which Disney princess disguises herself as a man to save her father?
64. Which movie has the famous line “ I wish I knew how to quit you.”?
Ans: Brokeback Mountain
65. In The Princess Bride, what is the name of Humperdinck’s kingdom?
66. On the rating of a movie, the ‘PG-13’ stands for what?
Ans: Parents Strongly Cautioned
67. Uma Thurman next appeared in which Quentin Tarantino film after “Pulp Fiction”?
Ans: Kill Bill
68. Which cartoon character was the first to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Ans: Mickey Mouse
69. In Tarantino’s Reservoir Dogs’ unforgettable torture scene, what song was Mr. Blonde dancing to?
Ans: Stealers Wheel’s “Stuck in the Middle with You”.
70. Who was the first actress to ever win an Oscar?
Ans: Janet Gaynor
Read More: 75 Psychology Facts, Everybody Should Know
71. In every James Bond film, Sean Connery wore a toupee. True or False?
72. What character in the movie ‘Clueless’ said, “You’re a virgin who can’t drive?”
Ans: Tai (Brittany Murphy)
73. The popular phrase “You’re gonna need a bigger boat” is from which movie?
74. At the end of “The Deathly Hallows,” which arch-villain is finally defeated?
Ans: Lord Voldemort
75. What is the name of Harry Potter’s godfather?
Ans: Sirius Black
76. Which female artist has won the highest number of the Academy award?
Ans: Edith Head [8 Oscars for Costume designs]
77. Which is the current highest-grossing film of all time?
78. Who is the director of the hit 2017 movie Get Out?
Ans: Jordan Peele
79. What was the first fantasy movie to win Best Picture at the Academy Awards?
Ans: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
80. Who are the creators of the superhero character Captain America?
Ans: Joe Simon and Jack Kirby
81. Which 2001 movie has the popular tagline “He Saw The World In A Way No One Could Have Imagined”?
Ans: A Beautiful Mind
82. The line, “The ones who love us never really leave us,” comes from which movie, and who said it?
Ans: Prisoner of Azkaban, Sirius said it.
83. Which film became the first to cost $200 million and collected more than $1 billion worldwide?
Ans: James Cameron’s Titanic.
84. Who dubbed the voice of Dory in the film Finding Dory?
Ans: Ellen DeGeneres
85. Which is the first Austin Powers franchise movie?
Ans: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
86. Who is the only actor who appeared in both Robert Wise’s 1961 film West Side Story and its 2021 remake?
Ans: Rita Moreno
87. In X-Men: Days of Future Past, which mutant can become intangible?
Ans: Kitty Pryde
88. In “Ray”, what disability does Ray have?
89. In The Philosopher’s Stone, which floor of Hogwarts was the forbidden corridor located?
Ans: The third floor
90. Tell the name of the iconic Chuck Berry song that was featured in the twist dance scene in Pulp Fiction?
Ans: “You Can Never Tell”
91. Which is the highest-grossing animated film in history?
Ans: Frozen 2
92. In which country, the 2017 film Call Me By Your Name was filmed?
93. What was the first pandemic-era film to gross more than a billion dollars at the box office?
Ans: Spider-Man: No Way Home
94. In the original Star Wars trilogy, which non-Jedi character could wield a lightsaber?
Ans: Han Solo
95. Who directed the blockbuster coming-of-age comedy-drama film 3 idiots?
Ans: Rajkumar Hirani
96. In the 2014 film “Guardians of the Galaxy,” which Guardian was trained by Thanos to be his assassin?
97. What is the name of Voldermort’s pet snake?
98. Who directed the movies like Saw, Aquaman, and Furious 7?
Ans: James Wan.
99. What is Indiana Jones’ weapon of choice?
Ans: A whip
100. What’s the dog’s actual name in the movie The Sandlot?
Ans: Hercules [Dog was nicknamed “The Beast” in the movie]
More 30+ Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
101. What are the only three movies which have won all big five (Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor, and Best Actress) awards at the Oscars?
Ans: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, It Happened One Night and The Silence of the Lambs.
102. What is Harry Potter’s birthdate?
Ans: July 31, 1980
103. In the film “Batman Begins,” who played Bruce Wayne?
Ans: Christian Bale
104. What was the first and only 90’s animated film to receive a Special Achievement Academy Award?
Ans: Toy Story
105. Which film has the tagline “They’re young, in love, and they kill people?”
Ans: Bonnie and Clyde.
106. When Indiana Jones’ mother died, how old was he?
Ans: 12 Years Old.
107. Which singer co-starred with Steve Martin in the 2006 remake of The Pink Panther?
108. Who portrayed the Green Goblin in the 2002 box-office smash Spider-Man?
Ans: Willem Dafoe
109. Which actress has had the longest television career, spanning more than 80 years?
Ans: Betty White
110. what was the name of Rose’s maid, in the 1997 movie, “Titanic”?
111. Which actor dubbed the voice of Moses in The Prince of Egypt?
Ans: Val Kilmer
112. Which Star Wars film features aliens from E.T.’s home planet?
Ans: The Phantom Menace.
113. Which actor played the lead role in the 1961 movie The Hustler?
Ans: Paul Newman
114. The quote “What’s in the box?” is from which movie?
115. What Martin Scorsese movie holds the record for F-bombs?
Ans: The Wolf of Wall Street
116. Which actress played the female lead role in E.T. the Extra-terrestrial?
Ans: Drew Barrymore
117. Who is the leader of the Frost Giants in Marvel’s “Thor”?
118. What is the first film to be filmed in 8K resolution?
Ans: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 [It was filmed with the Red Weapon 8K camera]
119. When were the first Academy Awards given out?
120. Who is the director of Silence of the Lambs?
Ans: Jonathan Demme
121. What is the name of the character played by John Wayne in True Grit?
Ans: Rooster Cogburn [It was played by Jeff Bridges in the remake]
122. Which movie has the dialogue, “I see dead people” and who said it?
Ans: The Sixth Sense [Cole Sear]
123. Where did Rose and Jack make love, In the 1997 movie “Titanic”?
Ans: A Car At The Bottom Of The Boat
124. What is the most successful [in terms of profit percentage] film of all time?
Ans: Paranormal Activity [It was filmed with the help of security cameras]
125. Who played the lead in the original version of the film A Star is Born?
Ans: Janet Gaynor & Fredric March
126. At the time of production, how old was the voice actress for Monster Inc.’s Boo?
Ans: Two and a half
127. What is the highest-grossing film of all time, adjusted for inflation?
Ans: Gone With the Wind
128. Who played the protagonist in the movie Clueless?
Ans: Alicia Silverstone
129. What instrument does Dana play, In the movie “Ghostbusters”?
130. Which country received the most nominations for Best Film in a foreign country?
Ans: France (40 Nominations), Won – 12 times.
131. What year did Noah and Ally meet in the film The Notebook?
Above given 130+ Movie trivia questions with answers are good enough for your next trivia night. Searching and discussing answers in depth will add more fun to the game.
If you find any trivia question and answer about movies, wrong or doubtful, please inform us in the comments. You can also share your favorite movie trivia quiz questions in the comments.
Pushpendra Singh is a Computer Science Engineer and a seasonal writer. He writes about Travel, Lifestyle, Education, and Literature at GoodTimesBuzz.