Ever been at a loss for words when saying goodbye to someone you care about? It’s never easy, but having a few funny goodbye quotes up your sleeve can help lighten the mood and make parting less sorrowful. After all, laughter is the best medicine.
You know that awkward silence when you’re not quite sure what to say as you’re wrapping up a conversation or preparing to head off in opposite directions? These clever and amusing farewells can fill that void and leave you both with smiles on your faces. So whether you’re bidding adieu to a friend, loved one, or colleague, have some laughs and make your goodbye a little more cheerful with these funny quotes.
Funny Goodbye Quotes
1. “I’m not saying goodbye, I’m just saying I’ll see you later, alligator!”
2. “Farewell, my friend! I’m off to conquer the couch.”
3. “I’ll miss you like an alarm clock misses the snooze button.”
4. “Goodbye, and may your Wi-Fi signal always be strong!”
5. “If you were a vegetable, you’d be a ‘cute-cumber’! Farewell!”
6. “So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu… Now get outta here!”
7. “Leaving work on a Friday is the adult version of skipping class.”
8. “I’m not saying goodbye, I’m just saying ‘I’ll be right back.’ Okay, maybe not right back, but back eventually.”
9. “Don’t be sad it’s over, be happy it happened… and also, have some cake!”
10. “Parting is such sweet sorrow… said no one ever about leaving work.”
11. “Goodbye, my friend! May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.”
12. “Leaving is hard, but I’ll make it easy for you – just don’t go!”
13. “Don’t forget to write… or at least send a meme or two!”
14. “May your life be as awesome as you pretend it is on social media. Goodbye!”
15. “Saying goodbye is tough, but not as tough as a stale donut in the breakroom.”
16. “Adios, amigo! Don’t forget to water my desk plant.”
17. “I’d say ‘take care,’ but it looks like you already have that covered. Farewell!”
18. “Farewell, my friend! Remember, it’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘see you on Facebook.'”
19. “If you ever get lost, just follow the trail of empty coffee cups. Goodbye!”
20. “I’m not crying, my eyes are just sweating… because you’re leaving.”
21. “May your life be as fabulous as your Instagram feed. Goodbye!”
22. “Don’t be a stranger, unless you’re a really weird stranger. Then, be strange somewhere else.”
23. “Goodbye, and may your coworkers be as awesome as you pretend they are.”
24. “If life gives you lemons, just make lemonade… or add vodka. Farewell!”
25. “Keep calm and say goodbye. And then laugh because calm is overrated.”
26. “Remember, saying goodbye is just an opportunity for a dramatic entrance later.”
27. “Don’t worry, I’ll remember you… as long as you bring back some souvenirs!”
28. “It’s not goodbye, it’s ‘see you later, procrastinator!'”
29. “May your new journey be as exciting as a cat chasing a laser pointer.”
30. “So long, farewell, and don’t forget to bring back some swag!”
31. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be hot and your deadlines be few.”
32. “I’d say ‘good luck,’ but let’s be real, you don’t need it. Farewell!”
33. “Parting is such sweet sorrow… said no one ever about leaving meetings.”
34. “If life was a movie, this would be the part where we hug and the music swells. But instead, it’s just me saying goodbye.”
35. “Adieu, adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen… now go have an adventure!”
36. “Keep calm and say goodbye. Or don’t, and make a dramatic exit!”
37. “Goodbye, and may your snacks be forever delicious.”
38. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be strong and your naptime be long.”
39. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you at the next awkward office party.'”
40. “May your new adventure be as exciting as a squirrel chasing a nut.”
41. “So long, farewell, and don’t forget to bring back some stories!”
42. “Don’t worry, we’ll always have email… and Slack, and Zoom, and Teams…”
43. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you at the next staff meeting.'”
44. “Farewell, my friend! May your lunch breaks be epic and your coffee breaks be plentiful.”
45. “Goodbye, and may your snacks be forever bountiful.”
46. “Don’t be a stranger, unless you’re a really weird stranger. Then, be strange somewhere else.”
47. “May your new adventure be as thrilling as finding the last slice of pizza.”
48. “So long, farewell, and don’t forget to bring back some souvenirs!”
49. “Don’t worry, I’ll remember you… as long as you bring back some snacks!”
50. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you on the interwebs.'”
51. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be strong and your meetings be short.”
52. “I’d say ‘good luck,’ but let’s be real, you don’t need it. Farewell!”
53. “Parting is such sweet sorrow… said no one ever about leaving paperwork.”
54. “If life was a movie, this would be the part where we hug and the music swells. But instead, it’s just me saying goodbye.”
55. “Adieu, adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen… now go have a blast!”
56. “Keep calm and say goodbye. Or don’t, and make a grand exit!”
57. “Goodbye, and may your snacks be forever delightful.”
58. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be strong and your reports be error-free.”
59. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you at the next team-building exercise.'”
60. “May your new adventure be as exhilarating as finding the last cookie in the jar.”
61. “So long, farewell, and don’t forget to bring back some laughter!”
62. “Don’t worry, we’ll always have Zoom… and email, and Slack, and Teams…”
63. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you at the next virtual happy hour.'”
64. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be hot and your deadlines be flexible.”
65. “Goodbye, and may your snacks be forever scrumptious.”
66. “Don’t be a stranger, unless you’re a really weird stranger. Then, be quirky somewhere else.”
67. “May your new adventure be as epic as finding the last piece of cake.”
68. “So long, farewell, and don’t forget to bring back some stories to share!”
69. “Don’t worry, I’ll remember you… especially if you bring back some cake!”
70. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you on the next virtual conference call.'”
71. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be strong and your code be bug-free.”
72. “I’d say ‘good luck,’ but let’s be real, you don’t need it. You’re a rockstar! Farewell!”
73. “Parting is such sweet sorrow… said no one ever about leaving spreadsheets.”
74. “If life was a movie, this would be the part where we hug and the music swells. But instead, it’s just me saying goodbye.”
75. “Adieu, adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen… now go have an amazing adventure!”
76. “Keep calm and say goodbye. Or don’t, and make a sensational exit!”
77. “Goodbye, and may your snacks be forever delectable.”
78. “Farewell, my friend! May your coffee be strong and your presentations be captivating.”
79. “It’s not ‘goodbye,’ it’s ‘I’ll see you at the next company retreat.'”
80. “May your new adventure be as thrilling as finding the last piece of chocolate.”
Why We Need Funny Goodbye Quotes
Parting with friends and loved ones is rarely easy, even if it’s only for a little while. That’s why we need funny goodbye quotes – because laughter makes sorrow a little more bearable.
Laughter lightens the mood.
Cracking a joke or sharing a funny quote can help lighten an otherwise sombre mood and put a smile on people’s faces. Even if it’s just for a moment, it helps take the edge off the sadness of saying farewell.
Humour bonds us together.
Sharing a laugh, even at a bittersweet moment, bonds us together. It’s a reminder of the good times you’ve shared and the inside jokes you have. Funny goodbye quotes are a way to reconnect over your shared sense of humour one last time before going your separate ways.
They give us hope.
The best funny goodbye quotes are the ones that make us chuckle while also giving us a sense of hope for what’s to come. They remind us that while goodbyes are hard, they aren’t forever. We’ll meet again, and when we do, we’ll pick up right where we left off.
They help avoid awkwardness.
Search for synonyms: parting, separation, division
Related phrases: cracking a joke, bittersweet moment, inside jokes, meet again
Saying goodbye can be awkward, especially if you’re not sure what to say. A funny quote helps avoid uncomfortable silences and gives you something lighthearted to bond over as you bid farewell. With laughter comes relief, and the awkwardness melts away.
Best Funny Farewell Quotes From Movies
Some of the funniest movie farewells are completely unintentional. Who can forget Clark Griswold’s hapless cousin Eddie waving goodbye in Christmas Vacation? “Merry Christmas! Shitter’s full!” Classic.
Doug’s rooftop farewell to his bros before his wedding is epic. “To a night the four of us will never forget!…No, wait, we’re never gonna remember it.” So true and so funny because it’s happened to all of us at some point.
- “You guys ready to let the dogs out?”
- “Dude, we’re gonna be late for your own wedding!”
Annie saying goodbye to her BFF Lillian is a hilarious hot mess. From her drunken attempt at a heartfelt speech to smashing the sentimental gift, Annie’s farewell fails on so many levels.
- “You’re my best friend and I love you more than sharks love blood.”
- tries to play “Wind Beneath My Wings” and ends up destroying the CD
The Other Guys
Will Ferrell’s shameless self-promotion in his goodbye to partner Mark Wahlberg is comedy gold.
- “If I don’t make it, I just want you to know that you were the best I ever had…as a partner. Romantically, my wife was better.”
- “Don’t go chasing waterfalls. Stick to the rivers and lakes that you’re used to.” begins singing TLC’s “Waterfalls”
Whether intentionally funny or just a hilarious trainwreck, these awkward and absurd farewells from movies are sure to make parting a little less sorrowful and a lot more fun. Laughter is the best medicine after all, right?
Hilarious Goodbye Quotes From TV Shows
Some of the funniest goodbyes come from our favourite TV shows. The characters we grow to love often part ways in hilarious fashion. Here are a few funny goodbye quotes from popular shows:
“It was a pleasure to burn.” —Fahrenheit 451
This dystopian novel turned film gave us this strangely cheerful goodbye from the firemen as they burn books.
“See you in another life, brother.” — Lost
This mysterious line from Desmond Hume summed up the bizarre world of Lost perfectly. We never really knew if the characters would meet again in another life or timeline.
“We’ll always have Paris.” — Casablanca
Rick says this iconic line to Ilsa as they part ways forever at the airport. Their short romantic time together in Paris would live on as a bittersweet memory.
“Goodbye, I’ll always love you…in a totally manly way.” — How I Met Your Mother
Barney Stinson, the hilarious womanizer, bids farewell to his friends with this overly masculine goodbye. It was a perfect summation of his quirky character.
“I don’t think we’re going to be doing any more Shakespeare readings…I think we’re done.” — The Office
Michael Scott delivers this awkward goodbye to his employees when he finally leaves The Office for good. His time with them had been filled with cringeworthy moments, and this goodbye was no exception.
Laughter can make even the saddest farewells a bit more cheerful. These funny goodbyes from popular shows have given us plenty of laughs and memorable moments over the years. Though the characters parted ways, the humour and nostalgia live on for viewers.
Amusing Goodbye Sayings for Coworkers
Saying goodbye to coworkers you’ve shared years of memories with can be bittersweet. Lighten the mood with a few of these amusing farewell sayings:
Amusing Goodbye Sayings for Coworkers
“So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye”—if only parting were as cheerful as in The Sound of Music! Coworkers you’ve relied on for years become friends, confidants, and allies. Bidding them adieu deserves a smile, so try:
- “It’s been a slice” — a punny take on “it’s been a pleasure.”
- “I’ll miss you…in increments of about 15 minutes” — for that chatterbox coworker.
- “I’d say it’s been fun, but then we’d both know I was lying” — when gallows humour is needed.
- “If I don’t see you again, I’ll always think of you whenever I smell burned popcorn” — an inside joke to lighten the mood.
Parting is such sweet sorrow, but a touch of humor can make it more of the former and less of the latter. Your coworkers will surely appreciate a funny farewell to remember you by. Short of setting the break room on fire as a dramatic goodbye, a clever quip referencing an inside joke or shared experience is perfect.
Whether poignant or hilarious, sincere or snarky, a heartfelt sendoff for people who have shared the ups and downs of work life together is always appreciated. As you embark on new adventures apart, a funny farewell quote for your coworkers is a great way to say “it’s been real” with a smile.
Funny Ways to Say Goodbye to Friends
Sometimes goodbyes can be bittersweet. But with good friends, a touch of humor and laughter can make the parting a little easier. Here are some funny ways to say goodbye to friends that will leave them chuckling even after you’ve left.
For overdramatic friends, an exaggerated goodbye is perfect. Clutch your chest and gasp “This is the end!” or “Parting is such sweet sorrow!” For an ironic twist, go with “I don’t know how I’ll go on without you!” or “Goodbye, dear friend. I fear I shall never see your like again!” Your friend will be laughing too hard to feel sad.
If you have long-running inside jokes or references with your friends, use them in your goodbye for an amusing callback. For example, if you always quote a line from a favorite movie together, throw that in with a wink. Or make an obscure reference only the two of you understand. Your friend will appreciate you bookmarking your relationship with humor and nostalgia.
Issue an absurd threat for comedic effect, like “You better visit soon, or I’m coming to get you!” or “I’m not saying goodbye—just see you later, or else!” Your friend will know you don’t mean it seriously but will get a kick out of your sassy sign-off.
For friends as amused by internet humor as you are, a funny hashtag reference is perfect. Try “Goodbye, #squadgoals!” or “Farewell, #besties!” or a throwback like “Peace out, #yolo!” Your friend will crack up at your ironic use of the hashtag.
Using humor and inside jokes when saying goodbye to good friends helps make the farewell a celebration of your friendship rather than just a sad parting. With laughs and nostalgia, you’ll be able to walk away smiling. And your friend will too, even after you’ve said your goodbyes.
So there you have it, some funny and lighthearted goodbyes to make your next parting a little less sorrowful. Laughter is the best medicine, after all. Even though saying goodbye is rarely easy, being able to smile or chuckle at some clever witticism can lift the mood and ease the pain. The next time you have to bid farewell to a friend or loved one, consider using one of these amusing quotes.
At the very least, it may get a laugh and leave you both with an upbeat final memory of your time together. And who knows, it could even become an inside joke you share for years to come during future reunions. However brief or permanent the separation, a little humor and levity can go a long way in making it more bearable.
GTB Team is responsible for crafting outstanding content and ensuring the best user experience. Most of the Jokes, Quotes, Trivia Questions, Quizzes, Etc.. are produced by GTB Team.