Father’s Day is around the corner and you want to share your gratitude and love with your dad. We have prepared a list of the best Father’s Day quotes and sayings to express how grateful you are to have him in your life.
Every year, on the third Sunday in June we celebrate Father’s Day as the day of the most important and caring man in our lives. You may plan a special family party or an outing on Father’s Day, but if you want to express your love and respect for him. Share one of the below listed emotional and meaningful father’s day quotes and sayings.
Finding the right words to tell your father how much he means to you can be challenging. Check out our list of the best Father’s Day quotes, including some funny, inspirational, sweet, and short quotes celebrating their hard work and efforts to shape your lives.
Share these special words with your dad, uncle, grandpa, brother, or anybody who is like a father figure to you. Send these quotes as a Father’s Day message, write them down on a card with your Father’s Day gift, or use them as a caption on an Instagram post with your dad handing you in his arms.
- Best Happy Father’s Day Quotes
- Inspiring Father’s Day Quotes
- Short Quotes on Father’s Day
- Funny Father’s Day Quotes
Best Happy Father’s Day Quotes
1. “It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” —Friedrich Schiller
2. “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” ~ Dawn French
3. “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself but for his family.” ~ Reed B. Markham
4. It takes a man of gentleness and patience, strength and compassion to be the fine example of fatherhood that you’ve been. —Diana Manning
5. “A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.” —Unknown
6. “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown
7. “There will always be a few people who dare to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” – Alison Lohman
8. “If there is any immortality to be had among us human beings, it is certainly only in the love that we leave behind. Fathers like mine don’t ever die.” – LEO BUSCAGLIA
9. “A girl’s father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential.” – DAVID JEREMIAH
10. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.”Umberto Eco
11. “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him — or leave him for your own home — it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” – MARGARET TRUMAN
12. “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do: be there.” – Max Lucado
Read More: 60+ Pride Month & LGBTQ Quotes
13. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. – Jim Valvano
14. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. – Unknown
15. “When you need real understanding when you need someone to care when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there.” —Thomas J. Langley
Inspiring Father’s Day Quotes
16. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” – PAM BROWN
17. “My father is my rock. It’s where I learned everything about loyalty, dependability, being there day in, day out, no matter what.” ~ Hugh Jackman
18. “Life doesn’t come with an instruction book—that’s why we have fathers.” —H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
19. A father is the perfect blend of a superhero, coach, and friend. —Jeannie Hund
20. “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.”Liza Minnelli
21. For every dream that has taken flight, there’s a father who believed. — Jennifer Fujita
22. “Father’s Day is hopefully a time when the culture says, ‘This is our moment to look at who our men and boys are.” – Michael Gurian
23. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” ~ Billy Graham
24. “They go beyond. They go above. Fathers have mastered how to love.” —Keion Jackson
25. “Daddies don’t just love their children now and then, it’s a love without end.” ~ George Strait, “Love without End, Amen“
26. “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” – Gabriel Garía Márquez
27. “My father taught me to work hard, laugh often, and keep my word.” ~ Michelle Obama
28. “My dad, like any coach, has always stressed the fundamentals. He taught me responsibility, accountability, and the importance of hard work.” —Steve Young.
29. “Every son quotes his father, in words and deeds.” —Terri Guillemets
30. “The impression made by a father’s voice can set in motion an entire trend of life.”Gordon MacDonald
Short Quotes on Father’s Day
31. Bigger than the sky. Deeper than the ocean. Forever and for always. A Father’s Love. —Jeannie Hund
32. “It doesn’t matter who my father was. It matters who I remember he was.” —Anne Sexton
33. “To the world you are a dad. To our family, you are the world.” – Unknown
34. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine François Prévost
35. “It is a wise father that knows his child.” —William Shakespeare
36. No matter how small you were, when Dad said, “I love you,” you’d feel bigger than the sky. —Melvina Young
37. A father’s faith is his family’s guiding light. —Jeannie Hund
38. “Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.” —Unknown
39. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived and let me watch him do it.” —Clarence Budington Kelland
40. “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.”Justin Ricklefs
41. “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” —George Herbert
42. “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father.” —Unknown
43. “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” —Tim Russert
44. “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” —Erika Cosby
45. “I have a Father’s Day every day.” —Dennis Banks
Funny Father’s Day Quotes
These funny happy Father’s Day quotes and sayings beautifully describe the father-child relationship with humor and fun.
46. It’s inappropriate to make a “dad joke” if you’re not a dad. It’s a faux pas.
47. “You gotta love dads. At my wedding, when I tripped on my wedding dress and fell flat on my face, Dad said, “Don’t worry, you’ll do better next time.” — Melanie White
48. A man’s real wealth is in his children…for they have spent all of the other kind. — Melvina Young
49. My dad told me a joke about boxing. I guess I missed the punch line.
50. A good dad is warm, comforting, and filled with cheese. Okay, am I thinking of burritos?Joey Benevento
51. “My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.” — Spike Milligan
52. “If at first, you don’t succeed, call Dad.” ~ Unknown
53. Good dads forgive your mistakes. Great dads help you hide them from mom. — Bill Gray
54. “Who needs a superhero when I have you as my Dad?” ~ Unknown
55. Dad is the staple gun that holds the family together. — Allyson Cook
56. “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place.” ~ Hillary Lytle
57. Fatherhood is full of challenges, but eventually, they move out. —Dan Taylor
58. “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” —Linda Poindexter
59. “Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” ~ Al Unser
60. “There are three stages of a man’s life: he believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.” ~ Unknown
We hope that these beautifully written Happy Father’s Day Quotes will help you to celebrate this Father’s Day with your dad. Combine these quotes with a Father’s Day Card or Father’s Day gift and send it to your dead and tell him how much you love and care for him.
GTB Team is responsible for crafting outstanding content and ensuring the best user experience. Most of the Jokes, Quotes, Trivia Questions, Quizzes, Etc.. are produced by GTB Team.