Best Travel Quotes are the inspirational words by some best travelers, wanderers, and speakers of their time. Strong words have the power to influence and kick out a feeling of doing great things.
Do you love Exploring the world?
You have a dream to wander every corner of this world, you want to explore unexplored destinations. You dream about it every day, you have the money and resources but still, you are not able to follow your dream.
Life is not that easy, you have numerous problems to overcome and these problems sideline your dream of wanderlust.
At this moment, you need some inspiration.
Best Quotes for Travelers
This post includes a massive list of Best Travel Quotes from several legendary writers and travelers. These Quotes and Sayings about Travel, Life, and Wanderlust will Inspire you to leave your place of comfort and explore the world.
Short Travel Quotes
1. “Work, Travel, Save, Repeat”
2. ”Life is short and the world is wide”
3. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.”
4. Travel with Fewer Plans and More Freedom!
5. I believe in one religion, I believe in Traveling!
6. Life is a journey, not a destination.”
7. “It feels good to be in the right direction.”
8. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
9. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
10. “Everything you do is based on the choices you make”- Wayne Dyer
11. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” – Oscar Wilde
12. When was the last time you did something for the first time? – Seth Godin.
13. TO TRAVEL IS TO INSPIRE AND TO BE INSPIRED
14. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
Best Travel Quotes
1. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
2. “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
3. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
4. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
5. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
6. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
7. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
8. I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are. – Unknown.
9. Travel expands the mind and fills the gap. – Sheda Savage
10. The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. – W.B. Yeats
11. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru
12. ” Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
13. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
14. Travel is… Getting to know yourself by facing new experiences.
15. “Everything I was I carry with me, Everything I will be lies waiting on the road ahead – Ma Jian.
16. And I think to myself what a wonderful world – George Weiss / Robert Thiele
17. When a man is a traveler, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.- Drew Bundini Brown.
18. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag.
19. You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself. – Franz Kafka
20. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
21. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Augustine of Hippo
22. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.”Chief Seattle
23. I’ll look back on this and smile because it was life and I decided to live it”
24. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. – Hilaire Belloc
25. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai.
Quotes to Inspire for Travel
1. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams. – Oprah Winfrey
2. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
3. “All you need to know is that it’s possible.” – Wolf, Famous Appalachian Trail Hiker
4. “Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.”
5. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.” – Suzanne Collins
6. “Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.” – Karen Gibbs.
7. ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”
8. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
9. “The best dreams happen when you’re awake.”
10. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
11. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
12. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wandel Holmes.
13. Travel not to find yourself but to remember who you’ve been all along. – Anonymous.
14. “Why, I’d like nothing better than to achieve some bold adventure, worthy of our trip.” – Aristophanes.
15. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
16. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
18. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
19. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart.
20. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself” – David Mitchell
21. Great Memories Happen When You Don’t Know Where You’re Going.
22. “ With the right mindset and spirit, only the sky is the limit”
Check This: 100+ Love & Romantic Quotes
Long Travel Quotes
1. Travel as much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
2. It is probably a pity that every citizen of each state cannot visit all the others, to see the differences, to learn what we have in common, and come back with a richer, fuller understanding of America – in all its beauty, in all its dignity, in all its strength, in support of moral principles. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
4. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s OK. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain.
5. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
6. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world.” – Froya Stark
7. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
8. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
9. Travelers understand, instinctively and by experience, that travel and adventure change and elongate time, even while navigating the deadlines of airline and train departures.” – Paul Sheehan
10. “When you’re traveling, you are what you are, right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat-Moon
11. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” – George Moore
12. “I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.” – Nyssa P. Chopra
13. “I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
14. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
15. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.” – Oscar Wilde
16. “You thought too hard. Same with travel. You can’t work too much at it, or it feels like work. You have to surrender yourself to the chaos. To the accidents.” – Gayle Forman
17. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
18. “Never hesitate to go far away, beyond all seas, all frontiers, all countries, all beliefs.” – Amin Maalouf
19. I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
20. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James A. Michener
21. “Nothing can be compared to the new life that the discovery of another country provides for a thoughtful person. Although I am still the same I believe to have changed to the bones.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
22. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
25. “Traveling is brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all the familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things. -air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. -all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
26. “One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things.” – Henry Miller, “Big Sur and the Oranges of Hieronymus Bosch”
27. “At its best, travel should challenge our preconceptions and most cherished views, cause us to rethink our assumptions, shake us a bit, make us broader minded and more understanding.” – Arthur Frommer
28. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
29. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world”.Mark Jenkins
30. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
31. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.” – Mandy Hale
32. “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson,
33. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
34. It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, and even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you. – F. Scott Fitzgerald.
35. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
36. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
37. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
38. “Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag” – Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
Check This: Romantic and Cute Crush Quotes
Travel Quotes by Mark Twain
1. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – (The Innocents Abroad / Roughing It) Mark Twain
2. “Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.” — “Life on the Mississippi,” 1883 (Mark Twain).
3. “There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage.” – Mark Twain
4. “Take the universe as a whole, and it is a very clever conception and quite competently carried out, but I don’t think much of this globe as a work of art. It would have been better to take more time to it and do it right, it seems to me, than to rush it through, helter-skelter, in six days, just for reputation.” – Mark Twain.
5. “I have found out there ain’t the no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain.
That’s All! I hope by reading these best travel quotes you got enough courage and inspiration to leave your comforts. Let’s pack your bags, tighten the shoeless and start exploring the world.
Pushpendra Singh is a Computer Science Engineer and a seasonal writer. He writes about Travel, Lifestyle, Education, and Literature at GoodTimesBuzz.