Are you looking for a way to entertain and challenge your friends, family, or even yourself? Then look no further than this comprehensive list of the 100 best riddles! From classic brain teasers to tongue twisters, you’ll find something for everyone – so gather around and let the fun begin!
All the riddles in this list are the most popular ones. Some of these riddles can be easy, tricky, or even very difficult but we promise it will be fun to solve them with your friends and family.
- Popular & Classic, Best Riddles
- Easy, But Popular Riddles
- Difficult Riddles
- Funny Riddles
Popular & Classic Riddles – Best Riddles
All these riddles are very popular between people and any game night or gathering can’t be complete without them.
1. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
Answer: Stop Imagining
2. The rich men want it, the wise men know it, the poor all need it, and the kind men show it.
3. Romeo and Juliet are found dead on the floor in a bedroom. When they were discovered, there were pieces of glass and some water on the floor. The only furniture in the room is a shelf and a bed. The house is in a remote location, away from everything except for the nearby railroad track. What caused the death of Romeo and Juliet?
Answer: Romeo and Juliet are fish. The train’s rumble knocked the tank off the shelf, it broke and Romeo and Juliet did not survive.
4. If the prisoner tells a lie he’ll be hanged, if he tells the truth he’ll be beheaded. What can he say to save himself?
Answer: Don’t say anything
5. What time does a tennis player get up?
6. I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone, and cities with no buildings. What am I?
Answer: A map
7. When can we add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
Answer: You get one o’clock when we add two hours to eleven o’clock.
8. I have billions of eyes, yet I live in darkness. I have millions of ears, yet only four lobes. I have no muscle, yet I rule two hemispheres. What am I?
Answer: Human Brain
9. Take off my skin – I won’t cry, but you will! What am I?
10. There is a greenhouse. Inside the greenhouse, there is a white house Inside the white house there is a red house. Inside the red house, there are lots of babies. What is it?
Answer: A Watermelon. //Green cover, white inner cover, red Flesh, and Black seeds inside the Flesh.
11. With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?
Answer: A stapler
12. What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three at night?
Answer: Human. // Here Morning, Afternoon, and Evening are three periods of human life. Childhood, Young age, and Old age.
13. Feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die.
14. Some months have 30 days, and some months have 31 days. How many have 28?
Answer: All Months.
15. A man looks at a painting in a museum and says, “Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the painting?
Answer: The man’s son
16. Voiceless it cries, Wingless flutters, Toothless bites, Mouthless mutters.
Answer: The wind.
17. What gets broken without being held?
18. Why is Santa so good at Karate?
Answer: Because he has a black belt.
19. The person who makes it has no need for it; the person who buys it has no use for it. The person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
Answer: A coffin
20. What is moving from left to right, right now?
Answer: Your eyes!
21. I am always hungry and will die if not fed, but whatever I touch will soon turn red. What am I?
22. What We Caught We Threw Away, What We Didn’t Catch We Kept
23. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I?
24. What breaks yet never falls, and what falls yet never breaks?
Answer: Day, and night
25. If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
Answer: Roosters don’t lay eggs.
26. Out of the eater, something to eat; out of the strong, something sweet.
Answer: Bees making a honeycomb inside the carcass of a lion
27. Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
28. Why was the broom late?
Answer: It overswept.
29. I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?
Answer: A key
30. There is a house. A person enters this house blind but exits it seeing. What is it?
Answer: A school
31. What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
32. What 5-letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down?
33. If you drop me I’m sure to crack, but give me a smile and I’ll always smile back. What am I?
Answer: A mirror
Loved this, check: 100+ What am I Riddles
34. A plane crashed off the coast of Mexico and every single person died, yet there were two survivors. How could that happen?
Answer: The survivors were a couple.
35. What kind of room has no doors or windows?
36. I am a word of six; my first three letters refer to an automobile; my last three letters refer to a household animal; my first four letters are a fish; my whole is found in your room. What am I?
Answer: A carpet.
37. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, and has a bed but never sleeps?
Answer: A river
38. It has no feet, no hands, and no wings, but it climbs to the sky. What is it?
39. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
40. Who is never hungry during Christmas?
Answer: The turkey. He is always stuffed.
41. What word in the English language does the following: The first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire world signifies a great woman. What is the word?
42. I’m tall when I’m starting and I’m short when I’m about to end. What am I?
Answer: A candle
43. People buy me to eat but never eat me. What am I?
Answer: Plates and cutlery
44. What has an eye but can not see?
45. If two snakes marry, what will their towels say?
Answer: Hiss and Hers.
46. What word is pronounced the same if you take away four of its five letters?
47. It follows us all the time and copies our every move, but we can’t touch or catch it. What am I?
Answer: Our Shadow.
48. You can drop me from the tallest building and I’ll be fine, but if you drop me in the water I die. What am I?
49. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I?
Answer: A chick in an egg.
50. What is the end of everything?
Answer: The letter “g”
Easy, But Popular Riddles
51. The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
52. What begins and ends with an ‘e’ but only contains one letter?
53. What is harder to catch the faster you run?
Answer: Your breath
54. What can’t talk but will reply when spoken to?
Answer: An echo
55. Ryan’s father has three sons: Snap, Crackle, and _________________?
Check Out, 100+ Riddles For Adults
56. I know a word of the letters three. Add two and fewer there will be.
Answer: The word “few”.
57. I have branches, but no fruit, trunk, or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A bank
58. What is full of holes but can still hold water?
Answer: A sponge.
59. Who can shave 25 times a day but still have a beard?
Answer: A barber
60. You walk into a room that contains a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace. What would you light first?
Answer: The match
61. A clerk in a butcher shop stands 5’10” and wears size 13 shoes. What does he weigh?
62. What is so fragile that just saying its name breaks it?
63. What can you keep after giving to someone?
Answer: Your word
64. Four legs up, four legs down, soft in the middle, and hard all around. What am I?
Answer: A bed.
65. What has many teeth but can’t bite?
Answer: A comb
66. What goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Your age
67. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter M.
68. What has hands but can’t clap?
69. What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?
Answer: A promise
70. I have a tail and a head, but nobody. What am I?
Answer: A coin.
71. Riddles, Up and down: What is able to go up a chimney when down but unable to go down a chimney when up?
Answer: An umbrella
72. What’s black and white and red all over?
73. A man drove from New York City to Los Angeles in four days. At the end of his trip, he discovered that one of his tires had been punctured. How was he able to make the drive?
Answer: It was his spare tire.
Check This: 100+ Riddles For Kids
74. If 9999 = 4, 8888 = 8, 1816 = 3, and 1212 = 0, then what does 1919 = ?
Answer: 1919 = 2. // Check Out More: Einstein’s Riddles
75. How can you physically stand behind your Brother while he is standing behind you?
Answer: You are standing back-to-back with your brother.
76. A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. Explain.
Answer: She took a photo of him and developed it in the darkroom.
77. One knight, a ninja, and a pirate were on a ship. The ship began to sink. The ninja and the pirate jumped into a lifeboat before the ship went underwater. Who died?
Answer: The knight.
78. Which version is correct: 18 plus 19 is 36 or, 18 plus 19 are 36?
Answer: Both are incorrect because 18 + 19 = 37.
79. What can you hold in your right hand, but never in your left hand?
Answer: Your left hand.
80. What can be the same size as the world’s tallest person but weighs nothing?
Answer: The world’s tallest person’s shadow.
81. What ancient invention allows people to see through walls?
82. If you’re eight feet away from a door and each move advances you half the distance to the door, how many moves does it take to reach the door?
Answer: You will never reach the door because each move will only get you half the distance.
83. First you eat me, then you get eaten. What am I?
Answer: A fishhook.
84: I stick so strongly, yet I am not sticky in the slightest. What am I?
Answer: A magnet.
85. I only lie down once in my life—when I die. What am I?
Answer: A tree.
86. What is it that no one wants but no one wants to lose?
87. What are the next three letters in this combination? OTTFFSS
Answer: E N T (Each letter is the first letter in the written numbers: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, etc.).
88. Mary, Anne, Martha, and Isobel are all best friends and sisters but each of them is an only child. How is this possible?
Answer: They are all Nuns.
89. It’s shorter than the rest, but when you’re satisfied, you bring it up. What is it?
Answer: Your thumb.
90. What sometimes freezes after it has been heated up?
Answer: A computer.
91. Mr. Blue lives in the blue house. Mr. Yellow lives in the yellow house. Mr. Black lives in the black house. Who lives in the white house?
Answer: The president!
92. How many times can you subtract the number 10 from 1000?
Answer: One time, because when you subtract it is no longer 1000.
93. What kind of room has no doors or windows?
Answer: A Mushroom.
94. What rock group consists of four famous men, but none of them sing?
Answer: The faces on Mount Rushmore!
95. What fruit can you never cheer up?
Answer: A blueberry.
96. It takes 6 men 12 hours to construct a wall. Then how long will it take for 12 men to complete the same wall?
Answer: No time! There is no need of constructing it again.
97. During what month do people sleep the least?
Answer: February [It has lesser days]
98. Which is the most curious letter?
99. I have a neck but no head, and I wear a cap. What am I?
Answer: A bottle.
100. A farmer has twenty sheep, ten pigs, and ten cows. If we call the pigs cows, how many cows will he have?
Answer: Ten Cows. We can call the pigs cows but it doesn’t make their cows.
101. Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?
Answer: They are a grandfather, father, and son.
How were these most popular riddles? I hope you loved this collection of the best riddles and enjoyed solving them with your friends and family.
GTB Team is responsible for crafting outstanding content and ensuring the best user experience. Most of the Jokes, Quotes, Trivia Questions, Quizzes, Etc.. are produced by GTB Team.